The Łukasiewicz Research Network - The Institute of Heavy Organic Synthesis "Blachownia" (Polish abbreviation - Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia") is an R&D centre working within the field of organic chemistry. Since 1952 Institute has been a successful partner for both domestic and foreign contractors developing, implementing and improving chemical processes, production and sale of branch products. Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" belongs to the top research units in Poland, which is proved by the category A, granted to Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" carries on R&D and implementation works within the scope of chemical sciences, performs chemical research, tests and analyses. The competence and experience of Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" is proved by numerous publications, patents and commercial implementations.
Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" achievements*
- 893 implemented technologies
- 1703 granted patents, including 59 abroad
- 2158 scientific publications in Poland and abroad
- 1846 lectures, announcements and posters
- 14 international signed contracts for technology transfer
* as of 31st December 2019
Using the modern measuring and research equipment, Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" provides complex services: research, analyses, advisory and design and performs services in the range of scientific and technical information.
Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" research subject area includes conducting scientific research and R&D works concerning the chemical processes, especially in the range of:
- organic synthesis and technology,
- acrylic, phenolic, epoxy resins, polycarbonates and others, as well as resins properties modifications,
- gases separation, hydrogen and pressure processes,
- renewable raw-materials processing technologies,
- petro- and carbochemical processes,
- homo- and heterogenic catalysis,
- polymers and plastics technology and chemistry and their modification and processing,
- surfactants and household chemistry,
- auxiliaries for various industry branches,
- chemical analyses,
- physical chemistry,
- chemical engineering,
- environmental protection and wastes utilization.
We cooperate widely with domestic and foreign organizations. Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" is a participant of scientific and industrial consortia, scientific networks, EU research programmes and technological platforms.
In order to meet the expectations of the industrial partners offered processes, technological solutions, branch products and provided services are adapted to worldwide standards. Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" performs analyses according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) rules.